Sunday, February 12, 2012

Audio and Visual

Do you know people who associate people with songs and vice versa?
I do that, not just with Girlfriends and girls I like, I do it with anyone I know and experiences too.
Any song I hear reminds me of a time in the past. Often I'll find myself remembering a song when I go to a place or see something. It's guaranteed that if one media is going the other is also playing in my head. It just works that way.

I was at a dance one time and they were playing Moves Like Jagger. Not the greatest song, but for some reason I don't know, I made the connection to a girl in my circle. When I think of her the song plays. When the song plays I remember her.

On a related topic, there's something I've come to call "Mental Music". Take yourself to a quiet place, no sound at all, and then listen to your thoughts. What kind of music is playing? Some have instruments like a violin, others have their own voice singing the thoughts, others have pop music. You get the point. Some people don't have anything playing at all, like me, I call that IO (input-output). If you have IO Mental Music then try listening to TV static. I get a mix of Dubstep/Acid and Techno/Electronic/Dance. (Confusing? Imagine Skrillex without the singing mixed with Sandstorm).

-Ryan

3 comments:

  1. And which girl are you talking about with Moves Like Jagger? That's a very interesting song to compare to someone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, and I do the same thing with songs. I have tons of songs that remind me of different people. I guess I'm not the only one :D

      Delete
  2. Have you ever tried the Mental Music?
    It reminds me of Lindsey. It has no connection to the lyrics of the song though.
    It's cool that we do that with songs :D

    ReplyDelete